Self Storage Help With Your Move
The Ways Need A Space Self-Storage Can Help With Your Move
Moving home can be one of life’s most challenging moments but also one of the most exciting, Need A Space self-storage can help every step of the way. We can save you time and money and make the move smoother by providing self-storage for your home contents. Whether renting or buying your new place we are here to support you.
At Need A Space, we have assisted homeowners and renters move to a new home. Here are just some of the ways Need A Space can help, such as:
- Assisting with van rental, free move in vans for longer term storage customers
- Introductions to local removal companies that we work with
- When you’re packing and unpacking
- When you’re decluttering your home
- When you’re trying to sell your home
- When you’re in-between homes
- When your new home needs renovating
When You’re Preparing To Move or Need Removal Help
Packing can be time-consuming but, with self-storage, you can pack your belongings little by little and take it easy. You’ll be free to tackle each room in the home at your leisure instead of feeling pressured to hurry up, and the same goes for unpacking.
Need A Space work with selected local removal companies too that can offer you very competitive quotes, as well as man and van services. We also offer storage clients a free move in van to assist getting your items to storage
After you’ve moved in, you want to have some time to settle in, so gradually unpack the boxes by taking only a few at a time from your storage unit ,once you’ve decided where you want to put the items
At Need A Space you can even use our units a bit like you would a spare room. For example, if there are items you’re not using currently, you don’t want them crowding your new home, so leave them with us for as long as you need.
When You’re Decluttering your home
Even if the move doesn’t involve downsizing, why not take the opportunity to clear out your home?
- Most home movers have more items than they realise, if this is your case, self-storage can make it all go so much more smoothly..
- Removals companies tend to charge by the hour and by the number of journeys they have to make. If you move some of your possessions into storage, you’ll save on both moving time and money.
- Decluttering helps you see how furniture will fit in your new place, but it also creates a dilemma. What to keep and what to get rid of. You don’t want to end up giving away or selling sentimental items because you felt hurried.
- Putting your items in storage will buy you the time you need to make a decision on them. This is especially important if the move comes off the back of a life event like divorce, a new baby or even moving in together for the first time.
When You’re Trying to Sell your home
When selling a property, you want to showcase it at its best to make it appealing to potential buyers. This can be difficult to accomplish if your home is cluttered. Self-storage will help make your house or apartment look more attractive by creating space.
For instance, take out big furniture pieces that either hinder passageways or simply make a room look small. It’s normal to become blind to how much stuff is around you, so go through everything ruthlessly and keep only a few things on display.
Don’t get too carried away, because you don’t want your home to look completely empty or devoid of personality! The idea is to create an attractive canvas that helps potential buyers imagine themselves living there.
When You’re In-Between Homes
When buying a property, it may be easier to stay with family or rent a smaller place whilst selling your current one. It means you can move more quickly when the right house for you comes along.
So, if you do end up in between homes, it’s likely you won’t have space for all your furniture and packed boxes. And unpacking a huge amount of furniture is not worth it if you’re not staying there long anyway. Take the essentials with you, while storing the rest, which you can retrieve once you’re finally settled in your new home.
At Need A Space, you’ll find plenty of units that can help you during your move, from our indoor units to containers. They allow you to just approach your storage, add or retrieve your possessions, and drive away, a system that could not be simpler.
When You are Refurbishing Your New Home
Self-storage is also a great option if your new property is in need of some TLC. Whether you’re looking to renovate or redecorate – or both – it’s a lot easier to get work done if the room or home is emptied out.
Moving all your stuff in before you’ve had the chance to replace carpets, paint walls or anything else you need to make the property feel like home, would take up a lot more of your time. You’d have to shift furniture around or pile your personal belongings into another room so, instead, place it all into storage.
Your items will be secure and you can retrieve them when you’re ready. At Need A Space, we offer flexible storage from just 1 month at our facility, we also offer all the boxes and packaging materials you may need for your move.
Need A Space Storage Can Help You
There is no denying how moving to a new house is stressful, so make it easier on yourself by using self-storage.
We can offer you:
- The lowest storage rates around
- Easy access and industry leading security
- No maintenance costs
- No utility bills
- No business rates
- No security fees
- 24-hour security system
- Access entry controls
- Intruder alarm systems
- Laser guided monitor systems
- On site equipment such as trolleys and Sack Trucks
- All ground floor level units
Feel free to ask any questions you may have and don’t hesitate to contact us. Our family run friendly storage service is ready to assist you. Easy access and convenient location just off the A2 between Canterbury and Faversham. Visit our Contact and Information Page to find out more and arrange a site visit.