Small Businesses run from home utilising self storage
What are the advantages of using self storage for Business?
Whether established or you have just set up your business and know that storing your stock, tools and equipment at home will simply require too much space. Perhaps your business was doing well, based from home, but is now growing and taking over too much of your home then self storage is the low cost solution
If either of these scenarios applies to you, you may be looking at alternative premises for your business stock and paraphernalia. Renting commercial property can be costly though, and doesn’t take account of the fact that income can fluctuate massively from month to month for small businesses and come whatever happens, you’ll have to pay rent and bills on premises that might, in any given month, be larger than you really need.
Let’s say you sell clothing on eBay — you know that some months (typically at the beginning of a new season) are busier than others. During those busy periods, you need a lot more space and have the extra income to pay your bills. During lulls, though, you may end up paying for empty storage space you don’t really need. Need A Space offer flexible self storage units and may be the ideal solution for your business storage needs.
Benefits of basing your business in a storage unit:
Choosing to base your business from a storage unit allows you to be flexible: you can increase or decrease the size of your unit so that you’ll only pay for what you need, and you can keep your unit for just a month or for as long as you need — there are no lengthy tie-in contracts involved and no business rates to pay. All with just one month’s notice, scale up or down or move out.
Need A Space self storage conveniently located between Canterbury and Faversham just off the A2 have a wide choice of storage units, from containers, to individual crates to storage rooms.
Popular small businesses using self storage:
The following small Businesses are popular users of self storage, helping to keep fixed overheads and growth options unrestrained.
1. eBay and Amazon Vendors – Online marketplace sellers free up home space using Self Storage at Need A Space. From second hand to new stocks, books, sporting goods, toys and games can all be stored perfectly safely in your self storage unit ready to pack up and deliver to your customers.
2. Online retailers – if you’re an independent online retailer, Need A Space Self Storage have space to get your orders ready and post them out to your customers without delay.
3. Etsy Traders – maybe your craft hobby has attracted a lot of attention and you’re ready to mass-produce your products. A storage unit will give you somewhere to store your equipment and the components for your craft.
4. Vintage clothing/furniture sales – if you take your products to fairs, car boot sales and auctions to sell, keep your stock in your storage unit rather than trying to find space for everything at home.
5. Catalogue sellers – whether you sell Tupperware, beauty products, health supplements or household cleaning products, keep your samples and deliveries safe in one of our storage units ready to deliver to your customers.
6. Charities – store donated stock to be sold in your stores and keep records there to monitor stock flow, Gift Aid receipts and turnover, safe and secure for GDPR purposes..
7. Fundraisers – store marketing equipment, raffle prizes and donations, and have a professional address from which to communicate with potential sponsors.
8. Mobile Engineers – keep your spare parts for boilers and ovens somewhere easily accessible. Our storage is just off the main A2 so you can collect any parts you don’t have in your van with our convenient access.
9. Machinery and Parts Retailers – you’ll need somewhere dry to keep your goods, and plenty of room for larger spares. As long as there’s no fuel or flammable materials, you can store your machinery in one of our container units and increase or decrease the size of your unit as stock levels fluctuate.
10. School Uniform Exchange Shop – use it to store, sell and swap pre owned uniforms. Fit it out with some clothes rails and racking for an instant access. You can keep your unit for a month or however long you need, so you can keep it going as an ongoing resource for your school, or just at the end of the holidays to help people get organised for the new term.
11. Fashion designers – your storage unit will have plenty of space to store your materials. You could set up a cutting table and mannequins for when you’re ready to assemble your designs.
12. Gift card & craft makers – keep everything you need to make them in your clean, dry storage unit.
13. Event organisers – if you organise events nationwide, you can keep all your advertising equipment and props etc in one convenient location.
14. Market stall holders – keep your stock safe in your storage unit, keep on top of your paperwork by keeping records of your sales, purchases and turnover in your unit as well using our archive boxes available.
15. Sports club organisers – if you run after-school or breakfast sports clubs, use a storage unit in an easy access location to store your equipment. You’ll be able to retrieve your sports gear early enough to get to school on time without searching lofts or over stuffed garages!
Why use Need A Space Self Storage:
A Family run team who have many years of experience arranging storage and logistics options for small businesses. Lowest rates around are assured as well as friendly, professional service. By arrangement we can accept deliveries on your behalf so no more waiting around at home for that delivery. We also offer mailing address and package collection services, please just ask. Call or email Need A Space to find out more, convenient easy access between Canterbury and Faversham just off the A2.
As we come out of Covid 19 lockdowns many are predicting a mini boom, make sure your business is prepared with the space requirements you may well need. Call or email Need A Space to find out more….